|1. What is Mobile Check-in?
A. This is a facility through which passengers having confirmed booking in Air India flights could check-in for the flight through their Mobile phone by accessing URL http://flyai.mobi
2. Can I avail this facility?
A. Yes, when travelling ex Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore on a domestic sector and holding a confirmed booking in any class.
3. What all should I have to avail this facility?
A. You must have a web enabled Mobile Phone to avail this facility.
4. Do I need to download any application?
A. There is no need to download any specific application, as MCI is web enabled.
5. Do I need to register before I can avail MCI facility?
A. No registration is required.
6. Will I be charged for availing MCI facility?
A. There is no charge or fee other than the normal charge levied by your Mobile service provider for using web services.
7. Should the mobile phone be the same as that given in the PNR?
A. Any web enabled Mobile phone can be used. However, the confirmation is sent to the mobile number, which is given at the time of Mobile Check-in.
8. Can the entire family booked in single PNR be checked in together?/How many passengers can be checked-in simultaneously?
A. Yes it is possible. However, only one passenger can be checked-in at a time.
9. We are a group consisting of 15 passengers booked in a single PNR. Can all or any of us avail this facility?
A. This facility can be availed only by passengers booked as individual/s or family/ies having not more than nine members in a single PNR.
10. Would I be able to check-in Infant and other special service required passengers such as Wheelchair, Unaccompanied minor.
A. There is no provision to check-in infant or other special service required passengers such as Wheelchair, Unaccompanied minor through Mobile.
11. How do I Check-in Through Mobile?
A. Visit URL http://flyai.mobi through your web enabled Mobile Phone and click on Check-in option. Provide details as required and follow the process flow.
12. Would I be able to get a seat of my choice?
A. Yes. While you follow the interactive process flow, you will be shown the seat map and you may choose any of the available seats.
13. How will I get my Boarding Pass?
A. 1) The following SMS will be sent to the Mobile number entered by you at the time of checking in MCI and will read as: “Checked-in [FlightNo./Date] [SeatNo.]. Collect Boarding Pass at airport [URL]” On retrieving the URL you would get a Mobile Bar Coded Boarding Pass. However, you would still need to collect a physical paper Boarding Pass from the Check-in Counter at the airport
2) Simultaneously, a confirmation mail would also be sent in the e-mail Id given by you at the time of checking-in.
3) You would need to report at the check-in counter at least 40 minutes before the Departure to collect your Boarding Pass.
14. What is the time frame in which I could Mobile check-in
A. The MCI facility would be available between 24hrs and 2hrs before departure.
15. Will I be able to de-check-in in case I decide not to travel?
A. De-check-in can be done only at the respective Airport. For any assistance you may contact the call centre.
16. Will I be able enter airport with the Mobile Boarding Pass?
A. The rules for entry to the airports are governed by other Government Agencies. As per the existing norms and regulations, passengers are required to carry their E-ticket and a photo ID card to enter the airport.
17. How do I check-in my registered baggage?
A. Dedicated Baggage Drop counters are available to complete all the check-in formalities. Passengers can deposit their registered baggage while collecting the Boarding Pass at the time of travel. The Baggage Drop counters at the airport would close 40mins from the departure time.
18. What other facilities are available through Mobile?
A. In addition to check-in you could also get AI flight schedule for following six (6) days and the contact details of AI. These options would be available on visiting the URL http://flyai.mobi.